Ramos Gin Fizz
This citrusy, creamy gin classic is made with lemon, lime, cream, simple syrup, orange blossom water, egg white, and topped with soda water.
- 2 oz gin
- 3/4 oz simple syrup
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 oz cream
- 1 egg white
- 3 dashes orange blossom water
- Soda water / seltzer / sparkling water
Add all ingredients except soda water to a cocktail shaker and shake hard, without ice, for at least one minute.
Add ice to the shaker and shake hard until chilled. Strain into a tall glass (without ice).
Carefully top with soda water. Garnish with an orange twist or dehydrated citrus wheel, if desired. Serve with a straw.
The Reverse Dry Shake Method
Another way to shake a Ramos Gin Fizz is the reverse dry shake. Some claim that they get better quality foam this way.
- Add all ingredients except the egg white (and soda water) to your shaker, add ice, and shake until chilled.
- Next, remove the ice, add the egg white, and shake hard for at least a minute to build the foam.
- Strain the cocktail into a tall glass (without ice). Top with soda water and serve with a straw.