Elderflower & Grapefruit Aquavit Sour
This light spring cocktail features the Scandanavian herbal spirit aquavit alongside elderflower liqueur and freshly squeezed pink grapefruit and lemon juices.
- 1.5 oz aquavit (I used Ahus Akvavit)
- 1 oz fresh pink grapefruit juice
- .5 oz elderflower liqueur (I used St. Germain)
- .5 oz fresh lemon juice
- .25 oz simple syrup
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and fill it ¾ with ice.
Shake until chilled (about 12 seconds) and strain into a coupe glass.
Garnish with a lemon twist and an edible spring bloom, if desired.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
For more on simple syrup and every other kind of syrup, check out my Ultimate Guide to Cocktail Syrups.
- Combine the sugar and water in a jar and stir until the sugar has dissolved, about two minutes. For an even quicker syrup, use hot (but not boiling) water.
- Store leftover syrup in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.