Fish House Punch (For One)
This scaled down version of the classic punch recipe mixes cognac and aged rum with fresh lemon juice, peach liqueur, and black tea.
- 1 oz cognac
- 1 oz aged rum (preferably Jamaican)
- ¾ oz peach liqueur (such as Giffard)
- 1 oz lemon juice
- ½ oz simple syrup
- 2 oz chilled black tea (or sparkling water)
Combine all ingredients (except sparkling water, if using) in a cocktail shaker and fill it 3/4 with ice.
Shake until chilled, then strain into a glass filled with ice. Top with sparkling water, if using.
Garnish with a lemon wheel and freshly grated nutmeg.
Large Scale Fish House Punch (serves 10)
- 1.5 cups cognac
- 1.5 cups aged Jamaican rum
- 1 cup peach liqueur
- 1.5 cups lemon juice
- 3/4 - 1 cup simple syrup (to taste)
- 2 - 3 cups chilled black tea
- Lemon wheels and freshly grated nutmeg, for garnish
- Freeze a large ice block. You can create one by filling a large mixing bowl or Bundt pan and freezing it overnight.
- Remove the ice block from the freezer and place it in a punch bowl.
- Pour all ingredients (syrup and tea to taste) over the ice block and stir to combine. Ladle the punch into glasses and garnish with lemon wheels and freshly grated nutmeg.