Cranberry Campari Spritz
This festive bubbly cocktail is the perfect aperitivo for holiday gatherings. Pair it with my savory apple, cranberry, gouda and mustard canapes.
- 1 oz Campari
- ½ oz cranberry simple syrup
- 4 oz prosecco, or other dry sparkling wine
- 1-2 oz club soda
Fill a small wine glass with ice.
Add the Campari and cranberry syrup over the ice and stir to chill.
Pour about 4 ounces of prosecco into the glass, then top with an ounce of club soda.
Stir gently amd garnish with fresh cranberries.
Cranberry Simple Syrup
1 cup fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
- In a small sauce pan, combine the sugar, water, and cranberries and and simmer just until the fruit begins to breakdown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Strain through a mesh strainer. Do not press on solids. Leftover syrup can be kept in a clean glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.