Coconut Orange Blossom Anejo Margarita
This top shelf tropical Margarita variation is made with anejo tequila, premium triple sec, freshly squeezed lime juice, and an exotic (but super easy!) coconut orange blossom simple syrup.
- 2 oz anejo tequila I used Santera
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 oz premium triple sec I used Cointreau
- 1/2 oz coconut orange blossom simple syrup*
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker and fill 3/4 with ice.
Shake until chilled, about 12 seconds. Stain into a coupe glass garnished with edible flower petals (if desired).
*Coconut Orange Blossom Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp quality coconut extract (I used Flavorganics)
- 1/4 tsp orange blossom water
- Combine the sugar and water and stir until dissolved (no need to use heat).
- Add the extract and flower water and stir to combine.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Tip: Add an ounce of vodka or grain alcohol to help the syrup last longer.