Old Fashioned Paloma (Bourbon and Grapefruit Cocktail)
This refreshing whiskey cocktail is a playful mashup of two classics - the Paloma and the Old Fashioned.
- 2 oz bourbon
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 4-6 oz grapefruit soda
- squeeze of a lemon or lime wedge (optional, recommended if using a sweet soda)
Fill a highball glass with ice. Add the bourbon and bitters to the glass and stir to chill.
Top with chilled grapefruit soda and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.
Garnish with grapefruit and a sprig of fresh mint.
To make it without grapefruit soda:
- Make a simple syrup or honey syrup.
- Next, add your bourbon and bitters to your ice-filled glass.
- Now add 2 ounces of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice and 1/2 ounce simple or honey syrup.
- Finally, top with chilled sparkling water and stir gently. Garnish with grapefruit and a sprig of fresh mint.