This bright tequila sipper is made with Corcel Tequila Reposado for toasty flavors of nuts and spice and True Grenadine Syrup from Pratt Standard Cocktail Co for a pop of pomegranate.
Tequila is mostly relegated to summer cocktails and tropical drinks, but aged tequilas transition beautifully to cooler weather! This winter Margarita variation with an aged tequila was inspired by pomegranates, the most vibrant fruit of the season.
I created this recipe in partnership with Spirit Hub to showcase some of the products in their Ultimate Home Bar Collection. You can read more about that over here and save 20% with code: moodymix.
What’s in it:
- Reposado tequila
- Grenadine (real grenadine, that is)
- Lime juice
- Pomegranate juice
- Triple sec (orange liqueur)
You may also like:
How to make it:
Measure, pour, shake! This is an easy cocktail that just requires a cocktail shaker and a few minutes. Serve over ice or up in a Margarita glass. I like to garnish with a fresh orange wheel and a sprig of either basil or mint, but it’s still delicious even if you don’t have access to fresh herbs!
Want to make your own grenadine? Find a grenadine recipe in my Ultimate Guide to Cocktail Syrups.
- 2 oz reposado tequila (I used Corcel Tequila)
- 1 oz pomegranate juice
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz grenadine (I used Pratt Standard)
- 1/2 oz triple sec
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and fill it 3/4 with ice.
- Shake until chilled, then strain into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with an orange slice, fresh basil (or mint), and pomegranate seeds.