Aquavit, Aperol, and lime juice form a cocktail trifecta in this crisp and refreshing aquavit sour. This is an incredibly simple but tasty way to get to know a new bottle of aquavit. I enjoy it best with Ahus Akvavit.
Want another spring/summer inspired aquavit cocktail? Try my Elderflower & Grapefruit Aquavit Sour.
This unexpected combination of aquavit, Aperol, and lime is crisp, fruity, and herbal, making it a fun happy hour option for the imbiber in search of something a bit different. Aquavit is a clear spirit produced in Scandinavian countries and flavored with a variety of botanicals, including caraway and citrus peels. It has a unique herbal flavor that works particularly well in cocktails with citrus such a lime or grapefruit, and vegetables, such as cucumber. The Nordic Summer has prominent herbal notes from the aquavit, balanced with the brightness of lime juice and bittersweet Aperol.
You may also like my:
- 2 oz aquavit I recommend Ahus Akvavit
- 1 oz Aperol
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker and fill 3/4 with ice.
- Shake until well chilled, about 12 seconds.
- Strain into a coupe glass (preferably chilled).
- Garnish with an expressed orange twist.