Doctor's Orders - an Aquavit Cocktail to Get You Excited for Fall
I’m really starting to feel the fall vibes lately and I’ve been working a lot with apples in my cocktails and desserts. I made a batch of granny smith apple cider with cardamom and a teeny touch of rose water, a golden chai apple tart (posting about that one tomorrow!), and a granny smith & cardamom syrup, which I made just for this drink. Tart green apple with aquavit and Chartreuse is a dream! What are your favorite autumn-inspired cocktails?
- 1.5 oz Linie Aquavit
- .5 oz green Chartreuse
- 1 oz lime juice
- .5 oz granny smith apple & cardamom syrup*
- .25 oz Barrow's Intense ginger liqueur
- 2 dashes Scrappy's Bitters lavender bitters
1. Shake all ingredients except bitters with plenty of ice.
2. Strain into a tall glass with ice, top with 2 oz club soda and 2 dashes lavender bitters.
3. Garnish with a star anise and a carnation, if desired.
Granny Smith Apple & Cardamom Syrup
(Quick and easy small batch)
Combine 2 peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped Granny Smith apples with .5 cup water, .5 cup sugar, and 3 green cardamom pods over medium-low heat. Cook until apples begin to break down, then remove from heat and allow to cool. (If you cook for too long, it will become difficult to strain. But life happens, so if its becomes sludgy, strain through cheesecloth.) Strain through a fine mesh strainer and store in the fridge in a clean glass jar no more than 2 weeks.